Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Plie`, Jete`, Chasse`

If you're not familiar with the terms above in the title, their dance terms, specifically, ballet terms.  :)  If you haven't guessed it already, this post is about dance.  Dancing has been a passion of mine since I was little, literally.  I began when I was three.  I danced from three to nine before I had to quit when my dad was losing his job.



I cried for weeks after my parents told my sisters and me.  I had so many dreams that died that day, dreams of dancing in The Nutcracker, the dream of someday achieving pointe.  I loved dance, I was passionate about it, and over night, it was gone.  Life went on, here and there I would try to practice what I remembered, but time has a way of dulling even the good memories and I slowly lost everything I had spent years learning. Until last spring.

Last spring I got a second job outside of teaching piano, and with this added income came the renewed dream of dancing.  I went online and made a list of every dance studio in my city, putting my old studio at the top of the list.  I called each one and with each phone call the dream died again a little more.  They all had the same response, I'm sorry, but since you're out of high school we don't have a place for you.  You're to old.

I gave up until one day I saw the dance studio behind my doctor's office.  I almost didn't call knowing they would  have the same answer as all the other places, but I decided to take one last chance, after all, it couldn't hurt anymore than it already did.  I will always be so glad I made that call, because their answer was very different than the other studios, they were excited I wanted to dance and told me I could start in the fall, and I would even get to do recitals!

When August came I was on cloud nine, I had gone to the local dance store and bought my leotard, shoes and tights, I was so ready.  Now if it would only be everything I remembered, and it was.  Dancing was actually even better than I had remembered!  Oh, it's hard work, but it is so worth it!  After all, the hard work is what brings you that sense of satisfaction after you've conquered a move that was particularly hard for you.

I've now been dancing for a year, A YEAR!  My first recital since I was little was this past weekend.  The story was Mary Poppins and I had the time of my life dancing through both of my dances!  God is so good to bring a dream I had let die back to life!  Below are some pictures from my dances, I'm in ballet and jazz.  After the recital was over the first night I literally could not hold still I was so excited!!!!


























I'm not the best dancer, but with a lot of practice I plan to just become the best dancer that I can be and dance every chance I can.  :)

I hope all of you have a blessed day!





Blessings,
Michelle  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment